Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of this blog.
- Eat breakfast every morning and take my vitamins everyday. (This is something I’ve been saying I need to do for way too long.)
- Limit eating out to no more than one night per week. We need to keep more money in the savings account.
- Add one more workout per week to my schedule beyond my regular jujitsu training. Jujitsu is awesome, but I really want to be doing more…either yoga or running.
- Spend more time journalling and writing for myself. Blogging is awesome, but I need to work more on my creative writing, and some of that just isn’t ready for public consumption.
- Finish up a couple craft projects that have been hanging around the house for way too long.
- Work with the Mister to get our bathroom ceiling painted.
So, the short story is, I didn’t really accomplish any of my June goals, except for number 5. I didn’t pretty well for about the first 3 weeks of June, but then I got really busy at work, and they fell by the wayside.
Many of these are about establishing habits for me. For the sake of my health and my vanity (I’m just not where I want to be with my body right now), I need to get on track. Yesterday, I had a paramed done for my life insurance exam, and I’ve put 20 on nearly 20 pounds just since the beginning of July…I’m willing to bet that if I had stuck with goals 1-3, that wouldn’t have happened.
With that in mind, here are my August goals:
- Seriously, establish the breakfast and vitamin habit already. If I can remember to take my birth control pill everyday, there’s no reason I can’t remember to take my vitamins.
- Make a meal plan and go grocery shopping every weekend so I have healthy food choices around the house.
- Pack a lunch for work everyday. No more fast food for lunch. I’m not doing my waistline or my wallet any favors.
- Remember to hydrate at work…this is a good habit I had that I stopped doing; I used to drink at least 40 oz. of water throughout the work day. I’m thinking not staying well-hydrated is partly to blame for lethargy and headaches at the end of the day.
- Start that running plan to train for the Color Run later this fall.
- Do a yoga or pilates workout at least once every week, even if it’s just a DVD at home.
- At least twice a week, have a writing date with myself.
- Spend 5-10 minutes each evening de-cluttering in the office so we can get ready to revamp it.
Okay, it’s out there now…y’all help me stay on track!
Want to play along? Click the button to link your monthly goals post up with Miss Angie.