What’s for dinner: Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of High-Heeled Love.
On Sunday, my parents sent us home with a bag full of fresh tomatoes from their garden; they have about a dozen plants compared with our two. So I’m thinking about trying this Real Simple recipe for fresh tomato sauce tonight.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree the tomatoes, oil, garlic, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Toss the pasta with the tomato sauce and half the basil. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and the remaining basil before serving.