What’s for Dinner: Feta Chicken with Zucchini
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of High-Heeled Love.
It’s been a while since I’ve shared what’s been going on in our kitchen. Here’s what we had for dinner last night; recipe from Real Simple.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled Feta
- Heat oven to 400° F. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a roasting pan. Remove the zest from the lemon in thin strips; set aside. Thinly slice the lemon. Place half the slices in the pan.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Place it on top of the lemon slices and season with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice each half into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, parsley, pepper, and the remaining oil, lemon slices, and salt; toss. Spread the zucchini mixture around the chicken and sprinkle the Feta over the top.
- Roast until the chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer it to a cutting board and cut each piece into thirds. Divide the chicken, zucchini mixture, and lemons among individual plates and sprinkle with the zest.