What’s for Dinner: Baked Spinach & Pea Risotto
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of High-Heeled Love.
We had a friend over for dinner, and I tried out this Real Simple recipe. The verdict is in; I will not be making stovetop risotto anymore. Baking is soo much easier.
|The tiny portion of leftovers that I have for lunch.|
Hands-on Time: 10m
Total Time: 35m
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 ounces flat-leaf spinach, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce), plus more for serving
To make the recipe a tad bit quicker, I just bought baby spinach and skipped the chopping. I paired this with lemon pepper rotisserie chicken and bakery bread and butter.