South Carolina girls have to look out for each other
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of this blog.
It’s the last week of the month, which means that I’m slammed as far as work is concerned. On Sunday, I promised a recipe for the breakfast casserole I made for Easter. That is coming, but I felt like this was more important to share first.
I don’t know how many of you read Jami’s blog, Bowling Adventures. Jami is from upstate South Carolina, and last week she shared a very personal struggle that her family is facing with requests for prayers.
Jami’s sister Jodi was diagnosed with AML acute leukemia. She and their parents have flown to Houston for treatment at MD Anderson, and yesterday she began chemotherapy. Jodi will be in Houston for at least six weeks receiving chemo and platelets, and she may need a bone marrow transplant down the road.
This is what we can do right now to help Jodi, Jami and the rest of her family:
- Keep the entire family in your thoughts and prayers. Positive energy has a way of doing great things.
- Visit Jodi’s Caring Bridge site to leave her some love and let her know that you’re thinking of her. She also has her mailing address while in Houston if you want to send her some good mail.
- If you are eligible to do so, go donate platelets. MD Anderson has a huge donation center that the rest of the country pulls from. The more we donate locally, the more stays in Houston and helps people like Jodi.
- Sign up to be bone marrow donors! It’s really, really easy to do, too. Be the Match provides a kit upon request. You swab the inside of your cheek and mail the kit back. After they test it, you’re in the system. Even if Jodi doesn’t need a transplant, there are others out there who will, and you may be the rockstar who save that person’s life.
- If you live in upstate South Carolina, stop by Jodi’s store The Beaded Tiger in Clemson. This Saturday, they will be selling t-shirts to help raise money for Jodi’s expenses.
- Finally, stop by Jami’s blog and leave her some love too. Right now her sister and parents are across the country, so I’m sure she could use the extra support here in SC.