My Road Trip Travel To-Do List
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of High-Heeled Love.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links. Thank you for your support of my blog.
Here’s the thing about taking a road trip. I love travelling. I love getting in the car to see new parts of the country and the adventure of a trip to a new city. There’s something about two-lane country highways and the beauty of the American countryside that makes my heart happy.
But the prep for a trip, even just a weekend trip, is a fair amount of work. At the moment, my travel to-do list seems to just keep growing. I’m not packing for just a trip to Chicago; I’m also packing for my first solo martial arts clinic.
It’s not just a matter of packing a bag and throwing it in the trunk. Before we started living on a budget, I took the attitude that I could just purchase anything that I forgot when I reach my destination, but that seems wasteful now – especially since the Mister did a lot of hustling because it was important to him that I get to go on this trip.
Here’s what I need to accomplish today:
- Finish laundry.
- Pack street clothes and toiletries.
- Pack martial arts bag; include ibuprofen and liniment for bruises (just in case).
- Stop by mechanic’s for tire rotation, have fluids and hoses checked. Get new windshield wipers.
- Get gas.
- Go to the bank for change for toll roads and cash for gas.
- Decide what snacks I want for the road and go to grocery store.
- Stop by my mother-in-law’s; she’s making me some chicken salad for lunch on the road.
- Decide on audio books for the trip and purchase them from Audible. (Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks); finish putting together music for my road trip playlist.
- Go to bed early since I plan to be up at 4:30 in the morning on the road by 5.
On a travel-related note, I have two opportunities to share with you:
- I’ve designed printable road trip prep list for you; join my mailing list to get it for free.
- Shutterfly is offering a special for a free travel luggage tag when you use the promo code SUMMERTRAVEL at checkout. This offer ends 7/20/16; taxes and shipping/handling will apply.
So, I need to get moving, but if you have road trip travel tip or music suggestions for the road trip playlist, but let me know in the comments or on my facebook page.