The award consists of giving 11 random facts about yourself and answering some questions. Then you make up new questions and send the award along to some others.
I’ve received similar awards before that require random facts, so I’m not going to completely follow all the rules. If you’d like to know more random facts about me, check out my other awards. But in the interest of not being a complete party-pooper, I am going to answer Miss Angie’s questions.
- What is your number one hope for 2013? I don’t know if I ever formally blogged about it, but my word for 2013 is “Balance.” Last year was almost completely about work, and then I’d get so burned out, I wouldn’t have energy for anything else. I want to feel more peaceful in my responsibilities this year.
- What changes are you making for yourself this year? I’m sticking to my guns when it comes to taking care of me and my family. That means saying “no” sometimes and not trying participate in everything. That also means know when to leave the office and to make sure I schedule time for fun because if I don’t make time for me, it won’t happen.
- What inspires you to keep blogging? I have made an awesome group of friends in the blog world, and most of the time, connecting with them and visiting their blogs is inspiration enough. (Cliche, I know.)
- Who do you blog for? I blog for me. This is definitely my girly outlet, and sometimes it’s the only creative part of my day.
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years? Hopefully, it won’t change that much; I really like my blog just the way it is….though I wouldn’t mind if I were making a little money from it by then. Of course, if I’m being realistic, it might be a mommy blog by then. If we’re going to start a family, I expect that to happen in the next five years.
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a writer and journalist. My goal was to work for the New York Times. I’d still like to write and maybe be published, but I’m pretty happy with what my career has actually turned out to be.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? LOL! I’m still so young; I don’t want to define that yet. I guess to this point, I’m in my early thirties, and I own my own company. That’s a pretty big deal. Of course, I’ll feel better when the bank doesn’t technically own it.
- What advice would you give someone trying to get healthy? Don’t weigh yourself everyday. Focus on what makes you feel good, not the numbers. For me, I know that I’m making good choices when my jeans feel good. Don’t try to change everything all at once. Pick one new healthy habit each week and focus on that until you get it. If you didn’t get it that week, keep it into the next one. Surround yourself with people who are truly cheerleaders of your success, but will tell you to get your butt back to work when you slack off (because you will).
- What’s your fondest childhood memory? Camping on the Upper Peninsula with my dad and my little brother. Also baking oatmeal raisin cookies at my grandparents house.
- Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? If so what are they? Nope. Given the title of this blog, I have too many loves in my closet to pick just one pair. Check back on Saturdays to see the shoes I’m lusting after.
- What is one health trend you wish would just disappear? These days, it’s the gluten-free marketing trend that’s everywhere. Gluten Intolerance and Celiac’s disease is an actual medical condition that can be quite serious. I hate the way that eating “gluten-free” has become such a marketing buzzword. Actually, I’m not really a fan of any “diet” that focuses on cutting out a specific food type; your body needs carbs and sugar and fat in moderation. I’d much rather there were more focus on balanced eating and less chemicals going into our food. My husband can wax poetic on how much trouble we’re getting into with commercial farms and GMOs, but that’s a soapbox for another day.
So I’m not going to tag anyone for this award. If you’d like to play along, feel free to answer Miss Angie’s questions as well. Leave a comment here so I can come check it out, and maybe stop by Health NOT to Health NUT to let Miss Angie know you’re answering her questions as well.
Never miss a blog post. Sign up for email subscription to get a daily email with everything that’s happening at High-Heeled Love. Don’t miss out! Sign up here.
Subscribe to High-Heeled Love by Email