Happy List 9.19.11
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of High-Heeled Love.
Sorry about the unexpected bloggy break last week. It just sort of happened, but I’m back today and participating in Mamarazzi’s Happy List. Here’s what’s making me smile this week.
1. I spent the weekend with my buddy Rob, celebrating his birthday. We watched lots of football, drank beer and had a good time playing dominoes and catching up. I also got to meet briefly with Jami from Bowling Adventures to pick up my “Jodi’s a Rockstar” t-shirts.
She was so friendly. As soon as I saw her, I told her I was going to hug her since I felt like we were already friends via our blog, and for only being a couple hours up the highway, we’ll definitely have to try to get together again.
If you don’t know Jami, you’re missing out. This girl is fabulous…and she cured her sister of cancer.
2. You read that last line correctly. It’s been a little more than a month since Jodi received a stem cell transplant from her sister. Jodi announced on Tuesday that her bone marrow/blood test results showed zero traces of leukemia. The stem cell transplant is successful! If you want to follow Jodi’s progress, you can visit her Caringbridge site HERE.
3. I am so ready for our trip to D.C. week to meet Janna and Amy. Only two more days until a fantastic trip for such an important cause….and if you want to help out, there’s still a need. Amy has a little over $400 left to meet her goal. Donate at her personal fundraising site: http://www.the3day.org/goto/am
4. I had a really good class last week at the dojo. I felt like I was starting to understand the mechanics behind forward and backward rolls. I’m looking forward to getting in on a much more regular basis once all my travelling is out of the way.
5. The Gamecocks are 3-0, after a narrow win over Navy. Granted, I would much prefer they play better than they have so far this season, but a win is a win.
If you want to play along, click the button to link up with Mamarazzi.