Happy List 6.5.12
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of High-Heeled Love.
Mamarazzi is taking a little bloggy break to enjoy some summer fun with her family, but that’s no reason for the rest of us to skip our favorite linky parties. If you want to play along, grab the button, tell us what’s making you smile this week and link up below. Then be sure to go visit other the links and swing by Mamarazzi‘s blog to tell her how much you miss her.
1. It’s hurricane season! I know that might make me sound a little crazy, and by no means do I want to a hurricane to do any damage. However, it does mean that we’ll start getting a thunderstorm just about every afternoon. This makes my garden grow, which makes me HAPPY, but I also love to watch the lightning. It’s Mother Nature’s fireworks show.
2. I’ve mentioned before how HAPPY it makes me that the Mister brings me flowers from the garden. We have a red rose bush that blooms quite a bit so usually I get roses, but this weekend, he brought in this gorgeous vase of zinnias. I love them.
3. Freshly baked zucchini bread that makes the whole house smell good makes me beyond HAPPY. I made these two loaves on Sunday. Look for a recipe post to come soon.
4. How about a quick tribute to the name of my blog? I’m such a HAPPY girl when I have a new pair of fun heels to wear. Last week, I wore these pretty babies from Shoe Dazzle. I love when other people stop me on the street to compliment my shoes. One guy even asked if he could take a picture of my shoes. (In fairness, he might have thought they were outlandish; they are shiny day-glo orange.) And with this particular pair, all the proceeds go the Nancy Davis Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis, which makes me doubly HAPPY.
5. Feel accomplished is a great way to end the weekend. I was HAPPY to knock nearly every item off my to-do list on Sunday.
Okay, now it’s your turn. What’s on your Happy List this week? Please leave a comment after linking up below, and thanks for playing along!