Happy List 3.12.11
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of High-Heeled Love.
Writing my happy list is one of my favorite parts of blogging. I think it’s so important to focus on the good things in our life, big or small. This is what’s making me smile this week.
1. How many weeks in a row do you think that I can get away with listing coffee? =) I can’t help it. It’s such a simple thing, and yet every morning my cup helps me start the day off right. I helps that almost every morning The Mister makes a cup just for me. Cream, sugar and love. That’s the way to fix a proper cup of coffee.
2. Despite the crazy gas prices, I’m tentatively planning two girls’ weekends this summer. I want to go visit my bestest Kate, who lives in Newport Beach, Cali. She posted photos of her new apartment online last week, and I am muy jealous. I really, really want to go spend a long weekend with her and the beach. I’m also trying to meet a couple bloggy friends in D.C. at the beginning of May. I read in Cosmo yesterday that studies show planning and anticipating a trip is nearly as enjoyable as the trip itself.
3. Two swaps to shop for this week. I’m participating in Janna & Liz’s Spring Swap. My partner is Amy from A Beautiful Young Girl and Being Me…Amy. (She has time for two blogs…she’s a superstar!) And I’m participating in Mamarazzi’s Favorite Things Swap. I don’t have my partner yet, but it’s going to be awesome!
4. Last week when I was straightening up, I found a gift certificate for a pedicure. It’s a couple years old (how could I have wasted it this long?), but I want to go by the nail salon and see if they’ll honor it. It’s from the same place my MIL goes about once a week, so I don’t expect there to be a problem. I’m looking forward to pretty sunshine-y spring color on my toes.
5. Music…I have tons in my itunes library that I’ve never really listened to. This is what happens when you volunteer with an underground station. You add a ton of stuff to your collection that may sit there for a while before you have time to truly listen and appreciate it. I need to update my ipod for the drive to Clemson this weekend.
And just for fun….