Happy List 1.31.11
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of High-Heeled Love.
Hi everyone! It’s Monday, and I had a busy weekend helping my friend move, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t be sharing my Happy List with you.
1. We had perfect beautiful weather this weekend. It was sunny and warm. 70-degree days in January? Sometimes I really love living in South Carolina.
2. I headed up to Clemson to help my buddy finish moving into his new house. We were both appreciative of the good weather. Of course, not everything is unpacked…that would take weeks. But it was nice to help him settle in and shop for home goods. We bought a small fortune’s worth of curtains this weekend. And I really needed a weekend away from Columbia. I came back to town yesterday evening feeling very recharged. That funk I was in last week is GONE!
3. This weekend two of my favorite people in the whole world had birthdays. On Saturday, I called nice and early and woke my brother up for his birthday, and Sunday was my Kate’s birthday. I just love those two. They both live one the west coast, but cards and presents were mailed last week.
4. This quote was in my in box this morning from Real Simple, and it totally makes me smile. The shoes are super cute too!
“It is an amazing thing, the difference to one’s powers of concentration a pair of comfortable shoes can make.” ― Laurie R. King
5. I just checked out Mamarazzi’s Taking Back Monday Swap for the week, and I won last week’s giveaway for the $25 gift certificate to Rhonda Michaels Jewelry! How awesome is that? Head to my post from last week to see some of my favorite pieces. If you want to see what she’s giving away this week, click this button:
If you want to play along and share your Happy List, be sure to click the button at the top of my post to link up with Mamarazzi. Don’t forget she draws a name at the end of the month amongst all the Happy List participants and mails a little happy package. This month’s winner is my new blog friend Rachel from From Chasing Crowns to Chasing Chickens.