A Quick Life Update
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links; thank you for your support of this blog.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may be compensated for purchases made via these links. Thanks for your support of my blog.
I’m a little embarrassed to be apologizing for another blog break because I feel like I just did this last month. I’m not quite sure what happened in February to my blogging schedule.
I have been using a new method of planning and scheduling my week, which has proved to be quite successful and allow productivity in other parts of my life and business. But apparently, the time block that I’ve allotted for blogging has not been a good fit since this is only the second post that I’ve written this month.
Nonetheless, I feel that I owe you an update on life so let’s get to it.
Diet & Exercise
I’ve been rocking and rolling on my weight loss journey via Weight Watchers. My first month of working the program has yielded a loss of 6.5 pounds, which I’m pretty darn pleased with. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt so good about the food that I put in my body and felt so comfortable in my own skin.
Changing my food habits has also prompted me to be much more diligent about getting some walking time nearly every day with my pups. It’s been good for all of us and has given the Mister and I some time to catch up each day.
In jujitsu, I’ve been working on discovering my role as a sensei. I still feel like I have so much to learn, so I can’t say I’m 100 percent comfortable being in a teaching role. I just have to have faith that it will get easier and more familiar as I do it more. I did get the honor of my first experience with signing promotion certificates as a sensei this week.
I have to laugh at myself because I am also now quite hooked on my Lularoe leggings, which is pretty funny to me since about a month ago I was telling my mother-in-law that I’m thought they were too expensive and didn’t understand the hype.
Now, I own six pairs of leggings.The leggings are as comfortable as people say. (If you don’t have a rep yet, let me know. I’ll hook you up with my cousin’s group.)
The Mister and I have been spending almost every weekend at his mother’s condo this month. We’ve been helping her paint her bedroom, bathroom and closet. It turned out she needed a new water heater, and since the heater is installed in the back of her walk-in closet, she and I took emptied the closet. We’ve been going through everything and taking many loads of clothes to Goodwill and Dress for Success. And I won’t lie, some of the clothes have also moved into my closet.
Oh, and as a quick update to one of my video updates from last month, I did decide to hire a business/life coach. The coach I’ve been paired with is named Robb Z; he’s awesome and full of energy. We’ve worked together on two sessions, and we laugh a lot, but I can already see growth in my mindset and productivity.
One of my personal resolutions this year was to do better with reading more books. I used to read all the time, and that habit fell by the wayside the last few years. I’ve been listening to some books on Audible as well as physically reading.
- Currently reading: Love Your Life Not Theirs by Rachel Cruze and Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Completed: Unstuffed by Ruth Soukup and Year of Yes by Shonda Rimes
Looking to the future
- The Mister and I have been seriously starting to discuss our garden for this spring. Last year, we were too busy to properly plan it. Between the desire to eat more locally and to save money, we’re pretty committed to planting a big garden this year.
- After reading Ruth Soukup’s book, there’s a very good possibility that we’ll be taking her unstuffed weekend challenge, outlined in the book. I’m so tired of living with clutter all around us, and getting the extra stuff out of the house can only be a wise move toward the idea that we’d like to move in a few years.
- I think that I’ll be moving this blog to WordPress within the next month or two, and I’m considering a re-brand at that time. I’m thinking about focusing more on living simply and more sustainably, how we balance our home/work/jujitsu life and sharing more of our home creation projects.